Prius in salt water?

I fear this enquiry will trigger another controvery, but here goes --

Seeing videos of people stranded in cars swamped by salt water along the US gulf coast, I wonder: is there an increased risk for the occupants in a hybrid car? My intuition says No, but my science is rusty.

Brent "You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." -- Christopher Morley in "On Compromise"

Reply to
Brent

The logical solution would be to leave in the Prius when the governor and weather guessers say to evacuate the area.

Reply to
Ray O