R.I.P. (Rest in pieces) Corolla FX-16

Uh-Oh...

Reply to
hachiroku

I do LOL - and we're about to add the Scion. Hubby says I can go ahead and get it now!

Nah, she's a fun old girl. I'm giving Courtesy Toyota hell about taking it apart without making sure they had all the supplies. The car was running just fine, even with only two working brakes. I've called a couple of times, but gotten nowhere on the answer. I'll give the guy today to call back, after that, I'm calling his boss. If I get nowhere with the boss, I'll go to the corporation. They have some accounting to make for me!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

O:-)

Natalie, polishing that well-worn halo

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Reminds me of the Perfect Husband...

Several men are in the locker room of a golf club. A cell phone on a bench rings and a man engages the hands free speaker-function and begins to talk. Everyone else in he room stops to listen. MAN: "Hello." WOMAN: "Honey, it's me. Are you at the club?" MAN: "Yes." WOMAN: "I'm at the mall now and found this beautiful leather coat. It's only $1,000. Is it OK if I buy it?" MAN: "Sure . . . go ahead if you like it that much." WOMAN: "I also stopped by the Mercedes dealership and saw the new 2005 models. I saw one I really liked." MAN: "How much?" WOMAN: "$75,000." MAN: "OK, but for that price I want it with all the options." WOMAN: "Great! Oh, and one more thing . . . The house we wanted last year is back on the market. They're asking $950,000." MAN: "Well, then go ahead, but just offer $900,000." WOMAN: "OK. I'll see you later! I love you!" MAN: "Bye, I love you, too." The man hangs up. The other men in the locker room are looking at him in astonishment. Then he smiles and asks, "Anyone know who this phone belongs to?"

Reply to
Ray O

"Wickeddoll®" wrote: snip

Nat, why don't you explain to us just what happened to get you so riled up with them?...I can't help thinking back to when you told some mechanic to go ahead and install new calipers when the symptom was a problem with your dome light not working on it's 'door open' circuit (or that's what I gathered from your posts in that regard).

It seems possible that you may be expecting something that's not possible here.

Remember, there's no fault with not being familiar with a subject but you don't want to go off half cocked (so to speak) :)

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Natalie doesn't go half cocked - it's all or nothing!

Reply to
Ray O

See the 'this just in reply' above

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I plead the fifth, but I'll just say that I'm looking forward to my husband's return in June...

0:-)

Natalie, still polishing that halo

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Scroll down...

*snipping that ancient joke*

I finally talked to the lead mechanic, (He was out sick) who said the Corolla could be restored to its former state (No rear brakes), but they also fixed the e-brake, so if I had any problems, I could use that. It's up in the air as to whether we'll just sell the car as is, or sell it for parts, but at least I can still use the car around town. The front brakes have been working fine, and I'm sure they were gone before we left AZ, so I think until we get around to fixing it, there's no hurry one way or the other.

Natalie, a much happier girl

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Yeh...perhaps I mispoked..., erm, mis-spoke. :)

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Natalie's halo is going to be so shiny by the time Capt. Tripod comes home that he is going to need those glacier glasses just to get near her! Or, lacking glacier glasses, he can just scrunch his eyes shut, stick his arms out, and navigate with his hands!

Ray, no halo to polish

Reply to
Ray O

Awww, I thought it was funny!

Doe the FX-16 have drum or disc brakes in the rear?

Reply to
Ray O

Works for me...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

It didn't show up here Nat...(I occasional do miss the odd post)

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Scroll down...

*snipping that ancient joke*

I finally talked to the lead mechanic, (He was out sick) who said the Corolla could be restored to its former state (No rear brakes), but they also fixed the e-brake, so if I had any problems, I could use that. It's up in the air as to whether we'll just sell the car as is, or sell it for parts, but at least I can still use the car around town. The front brakes have been working fine, and I'm sure they were gone before we left AZ, so I think until we get around to fixing it, there's no hurry one way or the other.

Natalie, a much happier girl

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I see...good, but keep an eye on those brakes, and practice grabbing the e-brake handle...not the safest thing that...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Actually, my mom is buying it (Sorry Hachi), so I'll just get the Scion when I get Bob's POA in express mail. It'll be nice to drive a new car again!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Aw, Nutz!

8( (Hachi, searching for another fairly low-mileage engine...)
Reply to
hachiroku

Sorry to hear it. That one was a real trooper.

I've been out of the newsgroups for a while. Crumbcast (Should have known, they're headquartered in Filthadelphia, the town that booed Santa Claus) has changed access to newsgroups twice in the last three weeks.

Charles of Kankakee

93 Corolla 197,000 miles
Reply to
n5hsr

There's another post regarding the car's resurrection. My mom is buying it, this week in fact. I'm having the stereo from the Corolla put into my Echo, since the Corolla's system is brand new, and WAY better. My mom will have the one that's in the Corolla now, which isn't a bad one, but very sensitive to bumpy roads and such. My old lady's automobile music requirements are quite modest LOL. So 'Tricia Toyota' (After the LA news anchor) lives! I'm still driving her, despite her being rear brakes impaired (We drove it *cross country* with no rear brakes! We didn't know they were out), so naturally I feel safe in it around town (I'm not going to push my luck on highways again with it). Speaking of the Echo, there are numerous dents on the top! Craig has no explanation of why this happened, but teenage boys will not always own up to thing. *sigh* I'll see if one of those dent-suction things can fix it, otherwise, it goes to the body shop! GRRRR

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®