Rain Spots 2003 Black Camry Florida

I live in Florida by the beach and everytime it rains I get rain spots. The only way to keep it clean is to wash it myself once a week. Any
suggestions so I do not get these rain spots?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Only ways to prevent them are to:
1. Park under cover 2. hand dry after the rain
The water droplets act like little magnifying glasses when the sun hits them and the war is on at that point. Best option is to apply a good quality polish 3 or 4 times a year to fight the effects of the sun, wash regularly and carry around a 100% cotton clean beach towel to wipe the car down after each rain. This will save you loads of trouble.
I suggest Zaino polish, not cheap but the most effective I've seen. www.zainobros.com

I would not polish the car that often as polish actually removes some of the clear coat. Use a good quality wax instead.
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)

Not with Zaino, it has no abrasives in it so you can polish with it a million times if you want. Zaino has UV protection as well.

If that is the case, I recommend using only polish that is abrasive-free.
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)
Road Rage wrote:

========================Zaino is an amazing product. As previously mentioned though, it is not inexpensive. If you follow all their suggestions, Dawn soap to strip old wax, clay bar to remove impurities, Fieldcrest 100% cotton made in USA towels, and then purchase and apply the whole package, not only rain spots won't be a problem, the car will gleam in a way that is quite astonishing - with none of those swirl marks that can ruin the appearance of a black finish to the discerning eye. Car even looks good after being in the rain. Most of the water spots will be on the windshield! They call it a polish, but it is completely abrasive free. Doesn't even contain any "cleaners" as do many general purpose waxes. The result is that over time, you can actually layer the finish to deepen and improve the appearance. Main point for your purposes is that it is excellent for repelling water spots. Leaves a very slick finish. I applied the whole package couple of years ago, and since have simply been using the wash and wax product with a natural sponge and drying with a chamois, continues to gleam with exceptional brilliance on a finish that was not new when I began. I also use the Zaino tire product and DP Gel alloy wheel cleaner from another site for the stock wheels. Most common remark is the "car looks new" and it's a 1994.
Polymers work best on clear coat.
mike
"Ray O" <rokigawaATtristarassociatesDOTcom> wrote in message wrote:

there is this magic layer of coating that would protect it,
all u need to do is apply this oil-looking thing once every month. and when the rain hits it it just wash it to the side with no stain and no spot. the only problem is i forgot its name, in in autozone.
Keep the vehicle in the garage? ;)
mike