Re: I'm gonna stop driving for about 6 months

I never said it was all Bush's fault. The second sentence in the second paragraph proves that I didn't make that claim.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Perhaps like sticking a stick into the hornets nest, well maybe, maybe that could have legs, but lets just speculate for a moment and take Bush out of the picture.

Reply to
dbu

We've discussed that. Remember the excellent way we kept Saddam penned up after the Kuwait thing? The guy couldn't take a crap without our knowing about it. During the time we enforced his no-fly zone, there were, IIRC,

**TWO** American casualties among troops stationed in the region. Neither involved combat. One was a truck accident.

We could've let HIM keep AQ at bay with almost no cost to us.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

And your thoughts on independents?

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

There ya go.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

It's called the "war in Iraq". Try, for once, to look at the truth.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Certainly not the people who are suffering the most.

  1. None of your business
  2. The increases in 401K distributions has not made up for the difference in the higher costs of gas and food. C. Dumbass
Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

They shouldn't, but they do. Some are.

.. and, according to your republican friends, when you raise the price, don't give any of it to your employees so they can afford to buy the product.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

I've often mused to myself that we should have kept the old fart alive, yes. He, personally was not a threat to anybody and we could have used him in some way, maybe to bring together the mobs in some way. Perhaps that might have been a viable option. I think, his military could have also been used to our advantage in some way too, but that is all speculation.

Reply to
dbu

So? They (both gov and business> know many people are too stupid to read the labels. Two words of note though: It took a _LIBERAL_ program like ATC to point it out because the REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTS wouldn't do or say anything about it.

Hahahahahaha.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

But it didn't say "Pound of Coffee" on the label, did it?

Thanks, Regan/Bush. :)

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Gifs for proof!

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

They hold up the lawyers.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Did you once live in California?

Reply to
The Tree

Pics of ice cream cartons for proof, maybe; but in fishnets... a little on the silly side. ;-P

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

You obviously don't know what 'speculation' is or how the futures market works. When you 'speculate' on something, you buy it with the expectation that the price will move, either up or down. So if the price of crude drops, one could say that 'speculation' was why it dropped. All players in the futures market are speculators. Some make money when the price drops, some when the price rises.

Are you saying in your second paragraph that the oil producers are still only getting around $25 per barrel for their crude and that all the rest of the money is going to 'speculators'?

Reply to
Retired VIP

Oh come on! Where in the constitution does it give the president the power to mandate the size or weight of coffee cans?

As for reading the label, people had been buying coffee in 1lb, 2lb or

3lb cans for over 100 years. Why would they suddenly decide to 'read the label' on a can of coffee that felt just as heavy and was the same size as they were used to buying?
Reply to
Retired VIP

Ahh yes, that's exactly how it works. That way, your sales will steadily increase while the number of people able to buy your product will steadily decrease. That's sarcasm in case you don't realize it.

Reply to
Retired VIP

I mean kept him alive but under custody. I would never have let him go free again. I would have used him to our advantage however. Perhaps make commercials or broadcasts to the other side, propaganda.

Reply to
dbu

I know exactly how speculation works. If enough of them are willing to pay continually higher prices, the prices continue to climb. Same as the stock market.

With no exceptions, all sources of information on the oil futures market disagree with your explanation.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom