Re: I'm watching Fox News ...

His worshippers keep saying he's not stupid, and because it's Friday, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. That leaves only bribery as the answer. I don't know the specifics. Might involve cash, might involve some sort of harmless job at Lockheed.

If you can come up with a 3rd reason why Bush-2 would reverse a decision made by his father, who was definitely NOT stupid, I'd like to hear your idea.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Do youself a favor, Sharx. I honestly enjoy your posts, profanity laden and all, for the most part. You're seriously a funny guy with a lot to say. Your sarcasm and biting commentaries are really good stuff.

But to SERIOUSLY think that a tongue-in-cheek wager between two faceless and legally nameless individuals, using an anonymous medium to convey thoughts and opinions, is actually a binding agreement is far beyond silly. And to participate in such nonsense only puts you down on the level of those who do believe it. Personally, I don't think you really do.

Reply to
witfal

Lets see...., in 2001 he couldn't find Afghanistan on a map..........

Reply to
F.H.

Apparently you actually do believe it is the Presidents fault she did not have the security a viable political candidate needs and deserves. That reinforces the fact you are a left kook LOL

Reply to
Mike hunt

You never saw me say that. If you disagree, prove it by posting the appropriate text (of mine) in your next message.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

It's understandable. They are still having a hard time getting over Gore losing the election. Since the chad thing didn't work they are trying anything they can in their desparation.

Reply to
Roadrunner NG

Did you ever stop an think that those F16s would be no match for the US planes. Answer - NO

Reply to
Roadrunner NG

You know it had to do with Chaney and Taliburton and the vast right wing conspiricy that's all about oil and is only for the rich.

YOU LOST THE ELECTION - GET OVER IT

Besides, Nancy is in there fixing all the problems, right?

Reply to
Roadrunner NG

They can't deal with facts, it's all about emotions.

Reply to
Roadrunner NG

OK - you've chosen this moment to pose as someone who's smarter than I am. Why do YOU think Bush-2 decided to sell F-16s to a rogue state that already had nuclear weapons, and a neighbor that's made them nervous for 20 years?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

People smarter than you say it'll work just fine for that purpose. Thanks for playing, though.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Why do you believe that?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Top posters drive *me* to desparation.

Reply to
F.H.

Well, pilots for one.

Reply to
witfal

You two should be talking about Toyotas and not pilots and F-16's which you know nothing about.

Reply to
dbu.

I know pilots who've flown them. Good enough?

Reply to
witfal

So you believe we sell the top end version of the F16 to a possible adversary?

I don't, that's another difference between us.

Reply to
Roadrunner NG

I think it was a short-sighted attempt to buy their cooperation so they would publicly ally with the US rather than the Taliban. I don't think it was particularly well-advised, but I do understand his motivation. Bush underestimated a lot of things about the region, and one of them was how quickly he thought US forces would mop up bin Laden in the mountains of Pakistan or Afghanistan.

I think Bush figured Pakistan would be our steadfast ally by now, since he assumed we would have achieved a decisive victory in the region, making Pakistani possession of those planes a moot point.

It's not bribery, it's not stupidity, it's just overconfidence mixed with a little optimism.

Reply to
Sean Elkins

If you assume he ever intended to do that. He did remove US troops from Saudi Arabia (Bin Laden's biggest bitch) the day before "mission accomplished" and later said 'I rarely think of him (Bin Laden) anymore.

What he (and his neocon buddies) surely *did* underestimate was how difficult it would be to install democracy (laissez-faire economics) via "Shock and Awe."

Reply to
F.H.

Considering that Benizar Bhutto was the only popular secular leader in Pakistan, we should have been pragmatic rather than dogmatic and insisted that the Pakistani government guarantee her safety or suffer military and financial consequences.

American Special Forces area already in Pakistan, guarding those nukes, and apparently President Musharaf approved this, perhaps because he doesn't trust Pakistan's intelligence service, which is dominated at the top by radical Islamists who are very pro-Taliban and pro-al Qaeda.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly