Re: Oil Independence Day 2006

I am not going to read the rest of your post. I previously said what I had to about the numbers in that ppt. You didn't address it then and you are not addressing it now.

End of message...

Reply to
Dan Bloomquist

Whadda whiner! It seems you can't be bothered to read what I've written, look at other threads, or get a news server that doesn't drop posts, but you can find the time to insult me over someone else's top posting.

So, in three words: f*ck off, baby boy. Oh, sorry, I meant four.

Reply to
Josh Hill

Scott in Florida wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

It's not a death tax, it's an estate tax. If (following Christ's teachings) you gave all your money to the poor, you wouldn't pay a thing when you died.

But apparently we're referring to Americans here, not Christians :-) In that case, the simple solution is to raise the exemption. It is already $2 million according to Josh, but I think that might still be low compared to historical limits when indexed for inflation. Realistically something in the range of $5 million would take care of the small business/family farm situation.

Yours,

Bill Morse

Reply to
William Morse

This table, and the small number of people paying it in the early years, suggests that you're right:

Not sure what they mean by "adjusted for economic growth," though. The data are presented in 2003 dollars; do they just mean adjusted for inflation?

Reply to
Josh Hill

Where do you live? The land, on even a small farm where one tractor used there cost $185,000, is worth far more than five millions. But alas the one who earned the money on that farm, and pay taxes on it as they did, that is left it to his estate does not get to give the 55% tax money to the poor. It goes to the government and is used to buy your vote.

If anybody should give their assets to the government when the die, it should be those that were supported all their life by the government, not those that worked a paid taxes. Nearly half of the people in this country no longer pay any federal income taxes, under the recent tax rate cuts laws pass under President Bush. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Mike Hunter trolled:

[top-posting deleted, unread]
Reply to
Realto Margarino

And, uh, just WHAT THE FUCK does this have to do with "Oil Independance Day", Asshole?

Reply to
Hachiroku