Re: OT Democratic Convention agenda

My copy of the Bible says killing is a sin.

I believe the Bible says murdering is a sin. There is a difference.

Does abortion count as killing or murdering?

Reply to
badgolferman

Well, if you want to get all technical... it's "hou shalt not kill."

More importantly, it's:

  1. Love God unreservedly.
  2. Love your neighbor as yourself.

I happen to think it's killing and therefore a sin. However, is it a legitimate aim of government to wipe out all forms of sin, according to all religions? And, if abortion is to be controlled, what other aspects of control over one's own body will the government take? At what point does abortion cease to be a sin and become legitimate self-preservation?

There is a huge gray area here. Government can butt out.

Reply to
dh

Reply to
Roadrunner Newsgroup

Q: What two things in the air get a woman pregnant? A: Her feet.

Reply to
badgolferman

LOL.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Well, if you want to get technical I guess it depends on your version of the Bible. E-Sword -- a fantastic freeware bible program with loads of different Bibles, concordances, commentaries, maps -- gives the following interpretations of several different Bibles I have installed.

Deuteronomy 5:17

(ASV) Thou shalt not kill.

(BBE) Do not put anyone to death without cause.

(CEV) Do not murder.

(DRB) Thou shalt not kill.

(ESV) "'You shall not murder.

(GNB) " 'Do not commit murder.

(GW) "Never murder.

(HCSB) Do not murder.

(JPS) Thou shalt not murder.

(KJV+) Thou shalt not kill.

(LITV) You shall not commit murder.

(MKJV) You shall not kill.

(MSG) No murder.

(RV) Thou shalt do no murder.

(WEB) "You shall not murder.

(Webster) Thou shalt not kill.

(YLT) `Thou dost not murder.

Reply to
badgolferman

We have plenty of 'cause' to put terrorists to death....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Trouble is, they say the same thing about us. Which is why we are where we are today ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

No, but many right-wingers are, it seems. Admittedly, some are just evil selfish bastards, and aren't idiots at all...

If you're not among the wealthy elite, and you're for Bush... You're probably an idiot.

Idiot.

Reply to
dizzy

dizzy synonyms:

addled air-headed befuddled confused dazed empty-headed faint featherbrained giddy lightheaded silly stunned stupefied vertiginious weak woozy

And these don't even take into account the ones he's signed his name with!

Reply to
badgolferman

He is amusing.

I've never considered kill filing him.

Too much entertainment...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Our good friend dizzy AKA Idiot, Troll, Stupid, Dumbass, Bumbshit, Twit, Bigot, Engineer and pathological liar etc.," has done it again. He signed his post with one of his aliases but did not post anything LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

He is amusing, isn't he?

I think I'll drop a couple of turds in the punch bowl and get him all stirred up...

Reply to
Scott in Florida