Re: OT -- George Carlin Dead!

No, it isn't - it's a Toyota ng! ;-P

Cathy

and if

we want to talk OT, we likely want to talk amongst ourselves. Crossposting > makes the disastrous state of this newsgroup even worse. > > Folks offering kill files as a cure-all would hand out umbrellas to fix > acid rain. > > Venger
Reply to
Cathy F.

Sorry Cathy! Removed from the follow up!

I guess Carlin drove a Toyota or something...

Venger

Reply to
Venger

"Cathy F." ...

*snipping for the ever-snip-impaired Cathy*

To be fair, cross-posting *is* considered bad "netiquette" But when a subject is started in several groups, you get various folks from each group answering. I see no harm in this particular cross-post - my God, it's so easy to ignore the word "Carlin" even without a killfile. At least with my newsreader.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

No it's not, dumbass. Bad nettiquette would be to post the same thing to six or seven groups rather than to all seven at once. Those reading more than one of the six or seven would see your posts more than once.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

It is pretty obvious what this thread is about so to prevent it spreading, you don't continue to post to it

Those of us who loved George Carlin wanted to post and share our joy and experience; nothing evil in it

Reply to
bushlyed

It is pretty obvious what this thread is about so to prevent it spreading, you don't continue to post to it

Those of us who loved George Carlin wanted to post and share our joy and experience; nothing evil in it

***** Again, I agree. This is nowhere near the worst of cross-posting OT I've seen!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®