Re: {OT} Pentagon Report Concludes Guantanamo Detainees Treated Humanely

"In compliance", "treated humanely". Well how about that.

> > ntanamo-detainees-treated-humanely/>

Too late -- our world reputation has been badly hurt by our past practices. Worse, terrorists will now know that our interrogators can't torture, as opposed to not torturing them because we don't want to because we're so decent and we voluntarily choose to offer mercy.

I don't understand how you and my father can have similar military backgrounds, including Vietnam service, yet my father has always been opposed to torture, except in emergencies in the field.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly