REPAIRING ROCK CHIP DAMAGE ON HOOD/IS THERE ANY KITS?

Hi,

I have a near new Camry. Yesterday I was on the highway and I hear this sound that sounded like bullets hitting the car. The car shook.

I stopped the car and looked all over it and found two dents on hood. Later I applied the dealer touch up paint too the two spots. The spots still show depressed spots where the paint is chipped on hood. I cnnot live with that and I do not wish to spend the outrageous price, the dealer demands to repair the hood, because it will probably happen again and again, if one goes out on the highway.

Is there any kind of kit one can buy that comes with all materials to make the hood not show the damage?

What did you do about similar damage?

Kindly reply by posting only.

Roger

Reply to
bigrog_98

roger,

depending on the size of the dent, there might be things for it I have seen tools to remove 1 - 2 inch dents, not smaller

check autoz> Hi,

Reply to
skewe

I've seen excellent results from paintless dent repair places, or a body shop can repair the dent and touch up the paint.

To minimize damage from road debris, do not follow any vehicles with dual wheels too closely, because it seems like the gap between the 2 closely spaced tires catches debris and launches it out the back a lot more than a single tire would. A plastic hood protector may help.

Reply to
Ray O

I agree with Ray on this one. I would look for a repair place like Dr. Dent or such. They reaipr cars by 'massaging' out the dents, and it looks pretty good.

For a '94 LHS with some good sized dents in the hood, roof and 1/4 panel I was quoted $600. A far sight less than the usual sand/grind/prime/paint repair.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Reply to
nickozzzz

Does anybody know of any rock chip paint kits that one can buy and hide the chips or minor depressions caused by flying rocks on my car hood.. Kindly.suggest a place in Montreal, Canada or in one of the border towns near Montreal, Canada, where I can get it..

Apparently my original posting was not clear enough.

Roger

Reply to
bigrog_98

The trick to touching up paint chips is to apply many thin coats of touch-up paint, letting each coat dry until the depression is filled in. Touch-up paint is available at dealerships and auto parts stores.

The problem with most touch-up paints is that they do not match the car's color very well. If you want a good match, you will have to have it professionally done.

Reply to
Ray O

The Toyota paints were really good!

Man, when I touched up a car, let it dry and buffed it, you could barely tell the difference, if at all!

Whites are generally the best, but I did a red Matrix that had some serios paint abrasions and a couple of 'midnight blue metallic' jobs that were imperceptible when I was done!

I met some girl last Sat night while I was getting a cuppa down at the cornvenience store. I said, "I'm jealous!" She had an '03 Celica GTS with the upgraded effects kit and it looked mint. She bought it where I used to work, luckily it wasn't a wreck.

I was looking it over and there were two glaring chips in the ground effects we would have been crucified for when I was there. I guess pushing them out the door has replaced happy customers.

*I* would have never let it out like that!
Reply to
Hachiroku