rusty screw/nuts for muffler

Hi, I notice that some of screws/nuts that hold muffler and pipe are rusty and need replacement. My car is 2000 Corolla, and I am wondering what the size of those screws/nuts are and whether they have to be "extremely heat resistant" and whethere they can be purchased at local auto store or store like homedepot? Thanks.

Reply to
wenmang

Toyota uses a one piece exhaust on nearly all models --- so they must be the nuts connecting it to the catalytic converter? I'd replace them with brass or stainless steel (if OEM then they are metric threads)..

Reply to
Wolfgang

Buy Muffler Clamps at the auto parts store.

Frankly, unless they are broken and falling off, you are best to just leave them alone.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland