SCION COOLANT

I have a Scion X/A do I need to use Toyota coolant or can I use a generic coolant? Thanks

Reply to
LORENZOD

Use only Toyota coolant. Same goes for tranny fluid and power steering fluid.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

You do not NEED to use Toyota coolant, however, Toyota coolant is good quality. Also, most generic coolant is green, and Toyota coolant is red so if you mix, you may end up with brown coolant that is difficult to determine its condition. IMO, the extra $5 or $6 more than generic coolant that Toyota coolant costs over the course of 2 years is a worthwhile investment.

Reply to
Ray O

Good call, Ray. I wonder why folks who spend thousands of dollars for an automobile then turn around and buy the cheapest oils, coolants, filters, tires, etc for it. You've bought a new car for mega bucks and then try to save 25c or a couple of bucks on cheap replacement parts for it. You wouldn't buy your girlfriend, on whom you've spent thousands entertaining, a dime store perfume, would you?

Reply to
mack

There are some very good aftermarket parts and chemicals available, and there are some mediocre and poor ones available. I know that Toyota OEM parts and supplies are good quality, and rather than experiement and gamble with aftermarket, I just stick to OEM.

You wouldn't buy your

People complain about the high cost of fuel, oil, coolant, and bottled water, even cheapest perfume makes all that stuff look like bargains!

Reply to
Ray O