Sienna Tires worn out completely in < 3 yrs and < 27K miles

Ooops... I should have said more...

I have an AWD. It came with run-flat tires. The original set were deemed by Toyota to be defective. They replaced them with a higher quality set.

Was your original set run-flats?

All the best,

Reply to
Kenneth

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com scribblednews:1185211699.781192.209340 @o61g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

30% of all new cars are out of alaignment.

I walked out of dealership last week when we were finalizing a skinny deal on a Sienna and I insisted on a full wheel aliagnment. They kept saying "Oh, we'll check it out" and I kept saying "I want a regular mechanic's signature on a regular work order, I don't want it "checked out" I want it done!". They wouldn't, and I didn't.

Toyotas make the finest cars in the world, and they're right at the bottom of the consumer's list on dealerships and service. It shows.

Reply to
Winky

dbu scribblednews:nsp-93A4CC.13470323072007 @comcast.dca.giganews.com:

Don't any of you people ever hear of Consumer's Reports?

Reply to
Winky

Look into the Falken ZE 329. Nice tire for the price. I just bought a set for my Subaru Forester. I did some research and there a good tire.

Reply to
John

Look into the Falken ZE 329. Nice tire for the price. I just bought a set for my Subaru Forester. I did some research and there a good tire.

Reply to
John

I used to subscribe, I've still got years of collections in my library. However, I've found that some of the recommendations the CU hands out are not always what I find out for myself. It is a good magazine and explains a lot of things that the average consumer would never know about in a product, but I have to take theiir recommendations with a grain of salt, :)

Reply to
dbu

Where did you get that statistic? My experience is that for Toyotas, that number is closer to 1%.

Reply to
Ray O

I've owned two Toyotas and neither one needed alignment during the entire time I owned them. Tires wore evenly.

Reply to
dbu.,

He said in his post that the tire wear was mainly on the edges. That indicates that he drove on under inflated tires. If he had said that the wear was mainly on one edge or the other, then he would have needed wheel alignment. Driving with under inflated tires will increase the heat generated by the flexing of the sidewalls as well as increase the tread squirm on the road and might wear out a set of tires in 27k miles.

It has been my experience that car manufactures recommend tire pressures that will give a better (soft) ride rather than maximum tire life. The manufacturer will try to keep his cost as low as possible so the standard OEM tires he puts on his new vehicles will be close to the maximum weight the tire can safely support. I run my tires at close to the maximum recommended pressure listed on the side wall of the tire and I've always gotten good to excellent tire wear. Always over 50k, and most of the time, closer to 100k miles.

Jack

Reply to
Retired VIP

" dbu.," scribblednews: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.dca.giganews.com:

Your "logic" kills me:

More examples of your "logic" reasoning ability. I'm sure you're comfortable with these scenarios and don't see anything wrong:

I have never seen a Pakistani in my life, therefor, anyone who says that people who live in Pakistan are human and alive, must be wrong.

I know lots of black men, and none of them have ever been in jail, therefor, the statistics that say 1 out of 4 black men I meet are in the justice system or on probabtion or in jail are just plain wrong, I just know it!

Women have two nipples, men have two nipples, therefor, all men and all women can nurse children.

I 've owned 1 Honda motorcycle and it was a piece of shit, therefor, despite statictics, I believe that all Honda motorcycles must be pieces of shit.

So, graduated from Affirmative Action U with honors did you? Bet you took "logic 101 for Jocks" and "American Studies, As Relates to Athletics, Mother Gaia and How You Feel About Yourself"?

Robert Heinlein

Reply to
Wankatoa