"Soccer mom" backlash

"C. E. White" ...

And it's uglier than farting in church.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Right! The Element reminds me of some youngsters who are into "Goth" and go to great lengths to make themselves repulsive. I have no idea how or why Honda made this vehicle so butt-ugly.

Reply to
mack

"mack" ...

To get our attention, no doubt. It works for some cars (Scion xBox, Part-Time Cruiser, etc.), but that's the sort of thing that sells big or essentially flops. My Echo probably isn't considered a success, because too many of us middle-aged people drive them, not the golden 18-34 demographic all businesses love. That still irks me, though. My money is just as green as my children's. Yeah, I know - they expect me to buy luxury cars, but still...

:-P

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I have a magnetic soccer ball on the back of the Sienna. I have a couple on the Jeep too. Tomes

------------------- The image is becoming clearer... 8>) Only morons waste money on stuff like that. Lemme guess, you also have a pee guy on the back or your vehicle right above your truck testies..?

Reply to
D L

I did very well driving my Gremlin from 16 to 21 years old... Tomes [grinning at memories...]

------------------- That was 'you'..?

Reply to
D L

What's wrong with the Pacer? (See an earlier response...) ;)

And, all this tie I thought it was 'Excrement"!

Reply to
Hachiroku

They copied the look from Scion

Reply to
Mike hunt

Such language from a lady!! :)

CONFUCIUS SAY:

Man who fart in church...

sit in own pew.

(thanks for the setup, Natalie)

Bill Putney

LOL! An honest answer.

Bill Putney

You're avoiding the point of the question: If the rear doors weren't reverse hinged, and it didn't have a poor ride and handling, and wasn't noisy and slow...

Bill Putney

Do you remember the "rangermobile" in the Yogi Bear cartoons? Hanna-Barbera ought to sue Honda for stealing the body design!

Bill Putney

Ba-dum-bum!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

LOL I forgot that thing!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Only kind I know how to give.

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Happens teaching 6th graders all the time... although in different context. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

No, no, that was the Pacer! there was actually one for sale here about 6 months ago with a big flower applied to the hood and I was specifically told that I was not to even look at it. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

This one only had a 232 and an auto, but that even hauled. The car was so light that the weight to weight ratio [how Motor Trend referred to it then] was quite in its favor even with that. From between about 30 MPH to 45 MPH in first gear the power curve must have kicked in because it would then zoom.

It had this auto tranny that had oddities. If one nailed the gas pedal to the floor it would never shift out of first gear. It would just stay there. The other odd thing was that if you manually selected it into second gear, it would go into second gear, no matter what. It would start in second gear that way. [Not making this up...] So the trick to racing this combination was to floor it and at about 45 MPH select into 2nd without raising up off of the gas at all and it flew into 2nd with another rush of zoom. All this with that little Nash engine. It started some really good conversations on the strip in Asbury Park. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

The interior was what decayed first on it. I became good at gluing things back on. The seats did reline all the way down to meet the back seat with a bench front seat. Made for an adequate amount of room in there as it worked out. That was a great car... Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Yep, just like a station wagon

Reply to
Tomes

"Tomes" ...

OMG you're a teacher?!

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®