The big, fat Tacoma

As some of you know, my Echo is in for *re*-repairs following a rear ender. I dropped it off today, and was given a Toyota rental (That place had their own rental business - smart, IMO). The lady says, "I don't have any cars for your right now, but I'll let you have a Tacoma truck until one comes in tomorrow." I think, OK, Tacoma's aren't humungous, so I should be all right. HA!

She gave me that my-penis-is-the-size-of-a-gherkin Double Cab! I hate, hate, HATE that thing! I don't like being that high up while driving; hell, even my Echo has a little more cornering roll than I'd like. And don't bet me started on that gear shifting, or the gas mileage - just moving it out of the lot made the gas needle move...

Question: Should one put a bra on that beast, to keep the dead Miatas off the grille?

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Park a Tacoma and a Tundra side by side and tell me the difference...

I don't like them anymore, either.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Yeah, the Japanese haven't yet managed to build a better oversized, overpriced, road-hogging, gas-wasting vehicle than we Americans

;-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Just think, you can haul the contents of Craig and Katie's rooms away, too..... Be sure to get a hazmat permit..

You can stuff the kids in back so they can help load/unload..

Would you rather have a GM/Ford/Chrysler vehicle? Or worse, a KIA???

It does tend to help see over obstacles, but I don't like it either.

Step 1 to cornering: Reduce speed below 90.

Seriously, vehicles built high-up tend to be like that... You really do have to slow down....

?!? What's wrong with the gear shifting? Is it a "shifter location" or a "the way the tranny works" problem? Is it a column or floor shifter?

Sounds like they need to do some maintenance on their rentals. If it's guzzling gas like THAT, then there's something wrong. Now, a pickup isn't going to be a champ at mileage, but driving a couple hundred feet should not affect the gas guage.

Naw, when you SLOW DOWN so you can turn, they should fly off just fine...

-LMB

Reply to
Louis M. Brown

Their rooms are on the EPA Superfund lists, but nobody seems to want to take the job; go figure.

For a humgous vehicle? Actually yes to GM/Ford. Kias, on the other hand, are only good for making the rest of us feel our car is superior by comparison

"Obstacles"? What about the ones *under* that beast?

Dood, I was pissing *everyone* off by poking along, and taking really, really slow turns.

Duh, LMB

And don't get me

It's a floor, but it zigzags, instead of going straight up and down; this is so you can easily switch to 4WD, I guess.

Louis, I was joking; and since I had to tell you that, the joke sucked.

Freak. Bob says that if they can't replace that thing for some reason, he'll drive the truck till we get the Echo back, and I can drive his Scion - what

*is* it with you guys and trucks?!

Natalie, hauling that thing out tomorrow

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I guess there is just no satisfying you.

Reply to
Art

Fortunately, my husband disagrees with that assessment....

seriously, though - I can't see getting a truck unless it's related to your job or your recreation (Contractor, boating enthusiasts), To each their own; I like driving small vehicles.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

What is it, you ask? Well, I have to work out of a truck (a van, actually) which has a rack with five or six ladders on the roof, the shelves are packed with supplies, and the inside is usually full to window level.

I try to keep the 'stuff' level low enough to see out the Fresnel lens on the back window for backing out of parking spaces.

Work for a guy means "having what you will need, and may need, with you - if you're driving to a supply house more than once a day, you aren't making money.

So sometimes you need Big.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

We shoulda known the discussion would come around to bras. And you said that sort of stuff didn't excite you. *ducking*

Wanna trade for a Grand Marquis? That's what they gave me. I don't park it so much as call the harbor master for permission to berth.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

LOL I wasn't planning to do any roofing anytime soon

Good plan

Agreed - but all I'm likely to haul is groceries

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

*fwappity fwap*

LOL

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Aw, c'mon...they aren't THAT big! They could have given you a Town Car...

Reply to
hachiroku

I have an Access Cab, but Echos don't carry much hardwood, nor do they tow 4,000 pound loaded box trailers very well. The Echo might also have a slight issue on unpaved job sites after it rains, especially with the trailer.

If I were a commuter and for milk runs, the Echo would be perfect.

Different vehicles are made for different reasons.

To keep things in perspective, my truck is STILL smaller than an awful lot of "man-trucks"!

Reply to
B a r r y

Yeah, but I'm a wimp when it comes to vehicle size. I like them little and spry, like my grandma (She's 88, and only has reflux and arthritis, is slender, and still lives alone)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Good. We both can own the vehicles that suit us.

Reply to
B a r r y

No they couldn't. ;-)

Reply to
J Strickland

*high-five*

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

AMEN! I'd sooner drive an '88 Corolla

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Hell, I own a Previa and a Corolla and I prefer driving the Corolla, but I do have times I need the Previa.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

When? When you need to move?