The Chinese are coming!

You can say that if you like. But I don't agree. I think open trade is good for both countries. However, the Chinese currency is undervalued, leading to a trade imbalance.

Write to President Bush. He has shown himself to be a smart man who listens to good ideas.

I don't see the Chinese attacking us.

I disagree. There is more and more capitalism them. The country is becoming more capitalist by the day.

I suspect we will still be in disagreement about this.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Did you pay anythigng toward your pension plan?

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Nope....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Neither have I, although teachers in other - later - tiers had to. That's being fixed bit by bit. And an extra 2 years' worth of service - when one has above "x" years - was legislated into the plan several years ago (Article 19). So, instead of having 35 (real) years in the system, I technically have 37 at this point. This is important because the NYSTRS's formula is 2% x no. of years of service x FAS = pension/yr., with the percentage of one's FAS capping out at 79%. (The Final Avg. Salary being a

3 year one for me & most others.) Still, despite a decent pension plan, I contribute to a 403b plan as future supplemental income.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

F.H.

One of those deals where one doesn't know whether to laugh, cry, or yell "Arghhhh!" Cringe w/embarrassment, that's for sure.

(I'd seen the laughing baby video on its own before, but not interspersed w/ GWB's words of wisd... errr... with his Shrub-ite words & phrases.)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I was wondering about this bit... Does it have a true COLA?

And this - but no employee contributions necessary? I've been immersed in learning about the minutiae of (public school) NYS teachers' retirement plans, & granted, I know very little about corporations' defined pension plans. Only that they're turning into a thing of the past & appear to be rocky, re: a guaranteed thing.

Is he 62 or older? I think he told me his age once upon a time, but I can't remember.

That gives you an idea of the type of person

But... at least he likes & admires cats! ;-) (Hey, gotta find *some* common ground!)

I'm all for people having decent pensions, provided they earned it.

I'm wondering about this bit...

Cathy

He

Reply to
Cathy F.

You should have enough to feed yourself and more importantly....the cats ;-)

Reply to
Scott in Florida

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

You are wrong.

I served 4 years active and 2 reserve. No retirement from the military.

I'm still CEO of my own company.

Yes I have a corporate pension and Social Security and....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

And their vet bills!

Did you get my cats' pics?

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Hope they make cars better than they make food stuffs

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I think the vast majority of their foodstuff is ok. The problem is that they have issues with quality control and governmental oversight.

As you say in the article, they also have their quality issues with cars. But, they do learn from their mistakes and from the Koreans, Japanese and Indians.

Jeff

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Not yet.

Nat is pretty busy.

I look forward to seeing them.

We had one hell of a thunder storm today. Buddy jumped into my lap. He NEVER does that....LOL

Love on THEIR schedule....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

DOH!

Incoming!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Cat. The Other White Meat.

My wife has a Japanese Bobtail and a Scottish Fold.

My Boxer loves 'em. They hate my Boxer. ;-)

Reply to
witfal

Got em.

Great!

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I used to have a Siamese and a German Shepard.

The Shepard had a few scars in his nose for getting a bit rough with the Siamese.

The Shepard used to carry the Siamese around in his mouth. All he would have had to do is chomp and good bye cat.

Cats and dogs can co exist....but it MUST be on the cats terms....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Both of our cats are adopted, and were de-clawed by the previous owners.

But exist on the cats' terms? You've never owned a Boxer. ;-)

Reply to
witfal

LOL....my folks used to have Boxers, but they never had cats with them.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Merci! :-)

Cathy