The Chinese are coming!

Good!

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Ask her if she's ever read Peter Gethers' 3 books about life with his Scottish Fold, Norton; they're great. He (P. Gethers) was an avowed cat hater until an ex-gf put a kitten (Norton) in his arms. Melted at first sight. ;-)

Humorous & interesting, too - armchair travel: "A Cat in Paris", "A Cat Abroad", & "The Cat Who'll Live Forever". Last one's bittersweet since Norton had become elderly, & as many elderly cats do, had developed CRF - which in the end, despite treatment, is always fatal.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I read an article about it a week or so ago... Newsweek, maybe? Something like 20% (don't quote me, since I don't have the article at hand & have a lousy memory!) is tainted - & that's the food that's consumed within China. Really need to get their act together in this regard.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I'm not much of a cat person, but Bear (the Fold) can worm his way into anyone's heart. He truly hates my Boxer though.

I'd bet money that if he were a human child, he'd be riding the little bus to school. He's not real bright, but definitely a great cat.

I just ordered the three paperbacks from B&N. Thanks for the recommendation.

Reply to
witfal

You're welcome! Hope you - &/or your wife - enjoy(s) them.

I imagine the Japanese Bobtail sitting just inside the house's front doorway, with one front paw in the air, doing the traditional welcome greeting. ;-)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Trust me. It'll be her doing the reading. I'm still into a book recommended by JSB. Very detailed for this type of read.

And Sushi (the JB) probably looked a little miffed that the books aren't about her breed.

Typical freakin' cat.

Reply to
witfal

Is that you Michael Moore??? LOL