"The funky Scion xB makes a place for itself"

I coulda sworn "Wickeddoll®" typ'd:

Yup. Homely is on the surface. Ugly goes clear through.

You're right, of course. I was out of line to say something like that about him. And my other children (girls, 27 and 29) agree with your son's assessment.

Well, they did until they got to ride in my xB. Now the younger one is thinking it might be her next car.

*I* certainly don't have that kind of influence on her (!), so it must be the car itself.

It certainly is homely (ghastly, hideous, whatever), and when I saw one the first words out of my mouth were "What is THAT thing??" But it's the most *practical* car I've ever owned, and it's the 2nd most

*fun* car I've ever owned (my '73 Datsun 240Z is still #1, and it has it ALL OVER the xB (and MANY others) in the looks department! ;^) so I'm glad I got mine.

BTW, ever heard "form follows function"? This car is the epitome of that idea . . . .

-Don (happy with his "Ugly-Mobile" (older daughter's designation))

Reply to
Don Fearn

I coulda sworn Gord Beaman typ'd:

I've heard it said that Toyota owners are stodgy. I think this is the most telling example I've seen of that concept.

-Don (my other car is a Camry -- maybe I'm stodgy when I drive it?)

Reply to
Don Fearn

I coulda sworn "dh" typ'd:

That's what the kids are doing, I guess. My son showed me a set of 17" alloy wheels I HAVE to have on mine to be REALLY KEWL! And I should LOWER it, and add an INTAKE KIT, and . . . . (I can't afford that kind of cool . . . . ;^)

That's the same thing my wife said. Then I got her to come on a test ride. It was all over. The only things I had to concede were: a stick (I wanted that anyway, but I didn't tell HER that ;^) and the color (I think silver is THE best car color, but I can live with camo (dark green)).

She even "let" me order a rear spoiler after I told her how practical they are at helping keep the rear window clean . . . .

If you can't talk her into a test drive, sorry about that. I DO understand her role in determining vehicle choice.

-Don

Reply to
Don Fearn

Now, now - no need to get snippy.

I know people of all vehicle preferences that think lots of different cars are fugly - such as that damned Aztec (sp?), the Element, my Echo, and now the xB.

Different strokes, dude...

Gord has been razzing my Echo for years - it's his M.O. :-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

SEE! :-)

I try not to be too superficial (Hence buying the Echo), but that one is just too icky for me.

And the LSD

*ducks*

That's exactly what my husband said about the Echo when we saw it in the showroom. The salesman *really* didn't want to sell it to us, since they had a huge overstock of used cars; plus we're in our 40s, so we're the wrong 'demographic' - what a crock of shit! But to his dismay, we bought it anyway.

That's what I think of my Echo

Mine's a pregnant roller-skate

Natalie

Reply to