Toyata Scion xB mil/gal

What's the fuel consumption of the Toyota Scion xB? It's seems all ways lower than the advertised. Thx, JS

Reply to
szaki

Small engine, high drag boxy design, you figure it out.

Reply to
FanJet

EPA estimates are just that, estimates. Very few cars can achieve EPA numbers in the real world.

My xB automatic got 30mpg on its last tank. Mixed urban/suburban driving with the AC on. This seems to be pretty typical for drivers who take it easy.

RichC

Reply to
rdclark2

It must take a lot of energy to push all that ugly through the air too...?

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Maybe. Surely everyone's noticed that the Prius is designed a little differently. No?

Reply to
FanJet

Not if you run along behind and blow. I mean you, specifically.

RichC

Reply to
rdclark2

A 4-speed automatic '94 Corolla DX is one of them. All you need to do is either turn on the AC and get your speed over 80mph or tow a trailer to get the highway mileage to drop to the estimated 32mpg. The 26mpg city estimate simply requires trips of less than 10 miles in weather below 10dF with MTBE mixed into the gasoline.

Reply to
someone

It depends. Are you a leadfoot or balloonfoot?

Reply to
RepoMan