Toyota just sold to KIA

Just kidding...

anyway, quick question....

anyone know a place to get some nice looking hub caps? I am not going to get rims on a Yaris... so I figure I will just find some better hubcaps... any good websites?

Reply to
GoMavs

lol at spinners on a yaris

Reply to
GoMavs

LOL at spinners on ANY vehicle.

In some states they're illegal. This should be universal.

Reply to
witfal

I pulled a Tundra in the shop once a few years back for some minor stuff including a tire rotation. Well, the guy had 22'' chrome spinners on the thing. When it was in the air draining oil, the owner came into the shop and said something to the effect of "don't scratch those, they cost over $2000 each". So, I advised him that since most technicians in a Toyota shop don't deal with $2000+ wheels, including me, it might be in his best interest to take it to a shop that is familiar with them. Who in holy hell puts $8000 worth of wheels on anything?

Reply to
qslim

Someone on drugs...or selling them.

Seriously, imagine this. One of those cheap-ass bearing seizing at high speed. The cheap-ass shaft snaps, sending the disk off somewhere to penetrate someone's windshield or hitting a pedestrian.

I'd be willing to be that the last thing these guys think of when manufacturing such crap is a near-foolproof bearing.

Reply to
witfal

ROFL

Not the brightest bulb......

Reply to
Scott in Florida

idiots

Reply to
GoMavs

Idiots who probably couldn't afford anywhere to eat except McDonalds, and found that those spinners didn't get all the girls they thought they could. In fact the girls laughed and said their wheels were ...."funny looking".

Reply to
mack

The same ones who don't buy health insurance for themselves.

Reply to
GoMavs

Reminds me once more... I had ANOTHER customer who bought a new Sienna with run flat tires a few years back. At the time, these models didn't come with spares because of the AWD design (no room underneath because of the drive shaft), which is why they got the run flats. Well, this dude decided that it would be a good idea to put 20" wheels with a sidewall the size of a quarter on his van (with no spare, mind you), and then drive his family around the Washington DC beltway in it. Brilliant. The van came in to me with two blown tires, where we gave him a price on four new factory wheels with run flats to replace the ones he got rid of originally. Outstanding, isn't it?

Reply to
qslim

What the heck. To each his own. I did have an interesting experience involving spinners a couple of weeks ago. I was in traffic approaching a light that was green. I guess I wasn't really focused because I almost rear ended a guy. He has spinners on his vehicle and was stopped. The spinners, of course, continued to spin and my mind's eye interpreted the spinning as movement! All's well that ends well. jor

Reply to
jor

From what I hear, drugs can do that to a person LOL

mike