trouble codes

I have a 1984 toyota pickup. The check engine light comes on sometimes. Can you read the trouble codes with out having a scanner? I know on my old GM, you could take a paper clip and cross two terminals on the ecm connector and read the codes as they flashed.

Reply to
Gary Evans

Search this newsgroup on the term 'corolla trouble code'. There are lins there to all the info you need, under a post I left.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Ooops...sorry. Looks like it's gone! And it's basically the same, there is a connector under the hood, probably on the Pass side near the front of the car. Short with a paper clip and count the flashes on the MIL:

Even better:

Good Luck!

Reply to
Hachiroku