we just had a storm here in s.f and my car...

hi,

we just had a storm here in s.f and my vehicle an 81 toyota pickup. let me tell you what happend, maybe someone can help me with this.

so i was driving then my winshield wipers starting slowing down then the lights on the dashboard started to dimm. WOW! Yeah, I was thinking oh man! i?m on the freeway, it?s pouring; (?8O?) Shocked! well, there is a higher power for all of you who don?t beleive there is. because i think only god got me off that freeway safely.

so, what do you all think, lights dimming losing power, then once i was parked, the truck wouldn?t start, so now i?m carless. i got on a cab to the house and the cab driver said that once it stops raining and the wires dry up, the truck should have no problem starting. Is this true?

thanks all.

jp 8O

Reply to
jaimeworking

Possible causes - bad battery (especially if battery is more than 5 years old), slipping alternator belt (more likely if belts have not been changed in 30,000 miles or more), failing alternator, poor connections in wiring.

Reply to
Ray O