What's the point?

More stupid suburban drivers.

It's overcast, there's a squall line that looks to be 2-3 miles behind me, so it's about to start raining just about any time. I go driving down a 2 lane road that's about 3 miles long, and I get not one but two different SUV's flashing their lights at me for some reason, when they don't even have their headlights at two different points along the road.

  1. It's already overcast, so it's hard to see. As a long-time habit, I turn my headlights on.

  1. There's a parade of cars just a bit in front of me, so I'm not speeding, couldn't if I wanted to.

  2. It's about to start raining anytime (I just barely beat the rain home.) and in Illinois the rule is if you have your wipers on, you're supposed to also have your headlights on. I figure for the 3 miles down that one road, it's not worth wasting my time to turn them on later, so I turned them on as soon as I started the car.

I don't get the point of the guys flashing their headlights at me. The one did it twice, very vigorously. The first car could have been warning me of a cop ahead in the road, but I could already see the cop just behind him in a driveway, and again, the traffic was starting to build up, I couldn't have gone over the speed limit if I'd wanted to just then. I wasn't talking on a cell phone, I had my headlights on. What I didn't get is he DIDN'T have his on. Was he trying to tell me I had my headlights on? I had them on purposefully. The second guy that flashed his lights at me didn't have his headlights on, either and there was no place for at least a good mile for a cop to 'hide'.

It's not going to kill my battery or my alternator to turn my headlights on when it's starting to get nasty out. I didn't have them on bright, either. I'd rather waste a little wattage to have people SEE that I'm coming especially in deteriorating weather. What's the matter, is it going to cause Global Warming or something?

That would figure, the stupid SUV drivers (Both vehicles that flashed their lights at me are big enough to be classified as Gas Vampires.) are trying to save the planet from global warming by having ME turn MY headlights off?

Whatever happened to common sense? I guess it's not so common anymore. I'd rather people see me NOW while I'm driving. Global Warming is more Junk Science anyway. It's actually been WAY BELOW average here in Chicago for most of the last 8 months. And besides, there are natural cycles of warming and cooling that are much stronger than anything we could cause by global warming. The earth was basically a sub-tropical swamp during the days of the dinosaurs. Otherwise we wouldn't have coal, oil or natural gas now. How did it cool down from that?

Charles the Curmudgeon.

Reply to
<n5hsr

Church-wrecked Charles speaks again. The enlightenment is almost impossible to withstand.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Charles, lose your virginity and lose most of your bitterness.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Besides the data that the Aqua satellite has been returning since it launched in '02 throwing all the global warming theory and simulation models into a cocked hat. Funny how you aren't hearing a single peep about the Aqua satellite out of the main stream media or from the liberals who claim to be so very concerned about the real truth regarding global warming.

Bill Putney

Isn't it though?

Charles the Curmudgeon

Reply to