Latest threads in General Toyota Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

03 or newer Corolla
Can anyone tell me if the new body style corolla will actually get the 38-40 mpg? I commute daily and need an inexpensive car that will get me killer fuel economy and not be worn out when I still have...
1
1

OT: Wierd radio signals
The remarkable events I'm going to chronicle here would likely never have unfolded, in 1917, if young Dr. John Brinkley had not been hired as house doctor at the Swift meatpacking company, located in...
30
30

Break pads & disks replacement - 2002 Avalon XLS
I said that backwards. If there is an issue with bleeding the brakes, it would involve the ABS. But, replacing pads and rotors will not cause a need to bleed brakes. And, if air was introduced at the...
16
16

Want to purchase a '05 Highlander
Look at the Ford Escape and try it before youi buy anything. The 2004 up Sienna is THE now grand van. Gordon
5
5

5W-50 synthetic oil OK in Toyotas?
If you are a fast driver with a powerful car & balls of steel checkout our official website: w w w. u l t i m a t e r a l l y . c o m Greetings, K i m b l e Founder of the Ultimate Rally. w w w . k i...
1
1

05 Corolla standard equipment
I think of "CE" as "Cheap Edition"--the no-frills one. "LE" is like "Luxury Edition" which has some power features and a nicer interior, I believe. No, the CE does not come with power windows or power...
2
2

Toyota Dealer Ripped me off
maintenance is marketing When I was in the market for a newer car in the mid-90's, I decided to give the Saturn dealer a try. Man did they keep on harping on how their timing chains didn't need...
10
10

loud engine knock at start-up - 05 sequoia
My new Sequoia with less than 4k miles sat for 3 days and at start up knocked loudly for 4-5 seconds before quieting down. The temp in the garage over those 3 days was between 35 and 55 degrees f. The...
2
2

I'd like to meet the designer of the 2000 Sienna...
Take the filter off very slowly and it wont be nearly as messy.
3
3

'93 Geo Prizm (Toyota 1.6l) emissions... High NOx and EGR valve?
This car failed emissions for high nitrous oxides. Limit was ~1300 and it was puting out ~1400. I was thinking it may be the EGR valve, but I can not find the EGR valve on this car. I'm beginning to...
8
8

All-new '05 Avalons are starting to appear at dealerships.
Car-buyers like me remember when dealers try to take advantage with added profit scams. It may be just a coincidence or my imagination, but the few cars I've seen dealers trying to milk ADP from all...
25
25

Toyota Synthetic Oil Update
If there is no sludge problem why did they change the owners manual to read 5,000 miles for 2004 model newer v6 engines from 7,500 miles for 2002 models, even after the engine change in August 2003...
14
14

Supra: Speedo cable, drill doesn't exceed speed limit...
Well, I ripped the dash out this weekend and tested the speedo and the sensor (you know a True Value drill does 58 MPH?) and it all tested good, so I will have to yank the cable and replace it. I...
4
4

2005 Toyota Highlander V6
Having a 2002 Highlander I investigated whether the 3rd row seat option was something I should trade up for - NONCA - the spare has to be accessed from underneath instead of from the top and you lose...
1
1

Prius Mileage
Absolutely the truth! Your comment is right to the point!
8
8