Camry/Lexus Newbie

On Dec 31 I bought a 97 Lexus ES300 in the most mint condition I have ever seen an older car. Slightly less than 24 hours later I am proudly sitting at an intersection waiting for traffic to clear when an unlicensed, uninsured drunk in an unwarranted, unregistered car which wasn¹t his hits me doing

100kph.

The front of the Lexus is a write-off, but I am told they can fix it with the front of a Camry as there is little difference. Is anyone able to tell me just how little is the difference and should I be insisting on standard parts.

Sorry if this isn't a proper Camry question or is outside the group discussion, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can be emailed at snipped-for-privacy@wanganui.info if the forum isn't the right place to respond.

All the best to everyone for 2005

Nygllhuw Morris

Reply to
Crosis

Some subtle differences. It'll look phunny...

Reply to
HachiRoku

That doesn't seem correct. The inner structure is the same along with the radiator and most of the engine parts but the sheet metal and bumper etc. will be drastically different and will not fit.

at

Reply to
Rog