2000 I30 CD

I have a little problem with the CD player on my 2000 I30 (65K miles). When I listen to a CD several times (i.e. I'll load and eject it several times), the CD becomes scratched. I did some tests and it definitely appears that the CD player scratches up the disks. The scratches get worse as I keep loading/ejecting the same CD more and more and I eventually can hear distorted audio.

Anyone has any ideas on what's going on? Do I have a defective CD player?

Reply to
Steve B.

possibly some debris in the loading mechanism. Get it replaced before you scratch all of your CD's.

Reply to
You_Know_Who~