2000 Camry Trunk Lid

On the rear trunk lid (up by the license plate lights) my Camry seems to have developed some rust. I have been researching and it seems to be quite common on the 2000/2001 Camry years in that area. I am curious if anyone knows where I can get a replacement trunk lid for the car. I went to the dealer and they quoted me almost $1000.00 for an unpainted lid plus painting, installation and labor costs. In total about 1700 bucks. I don't feel like dumping that much money into it. The car otherwise, looks and drives beautifully, but I would feel better having this problem corrected. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reply to
anthonyzadeh

I'd look into salvage yards in areas of the country where rust isn't common. Rear deck lids aren't especially valued items, so if you find a yard in, say, California or New Mexico, they may even have the color you need, at a reasonable price.

Reply to
Leftie

A little problem with that is, I live in Nova Scotia Canada. Its a little hard for me to get there over a weekend drive :P. Does anyone know of any aftermarket websites out there that can deal trunk lids at a reasonable price.

Reply to
anthonyzadeh

I found this really really cool web site, it's called Google. All you need to do is key in a couple key words and it goes out and finds a bunch of sites related to the words you typed in. It's really really fast too. Sometimes it finds stuff that isn't exactly what you are looking for, but if you poke a round a little from there you can usually find exactly what you are looking for!

Look what I found by just typing "Toyota Camry Parts"!!

(wpn_tl_name:Body+Parts+%26+Mirrors,wpn_cat_name:Trunks+%26+Components,wpn_scat_name:Trunk+Lid,part:Trunk+Lid) That said, if the rust isn't all that bad, a good body shop could probably fix it and repaint for less than the replacement.

A little problem with that is, I live in Nova Scotia Canada. Its a little hard for me to get there over a weekend drive :P. Does anyone know of any aftermarket websites out there that can deal trunk lids at a reasonable price.

Reply to
Mark

You apparently don't realize that there are salvage yards that ship parts just like the new parts websites do. There are others that are networked, and will send parts via truck to your local salvage yard, if they are part of the network. Your being in Canada is another issue, though: I don't know how strict cross-border auto parts restrictions are. In your case it might be cheaper to have it repaired with fiberglass-reinforced filler, or with new steel.

Reply to
Leftie