2001 camry abs light

Just had new rear struts put in and now my abs light won't go off. The mechanics couldn't find anything wrong. This wasn't a toyota dealer but it was guys that I've gone to for a long time and their diagnostic equipment wouldn't allow them to access or even clear the code. HELP!

Reply to
Steve Cajski

There's an ABS wire that needs to be disconnected when you replace each strut. (or, if you don't disconnect it, you risk damaging the wire) Maybe they forgot to connect it again. Just take the wheels off one at a time and check for disconnected or damaged wires.

Reply to
Nobody Important

Some readers are supposed to show brake system codes. You should have a better equipped shop check it out, especially on the brake system.

Iron shavings on the sensors/hub teeth will cause false signals to the ABS computer and are a common source of problem. Use a brush to clean the sensors and hub teeth if the case. Damaged wiring comes next. But if it's a problem with the ABS computer or solenoids then it's costly.

Reply to
johngdole