2005 toyota camry transmission oil and filter change

I just changed my transission fluid and filter.

Fluid is the import type IV that can be purchased at Autozone for $5/ quart I purchased The manual says that

Reply to
mattrat

Having "totally black" fluid even after 66,000 miles should be somewhat of a concern. Any idea of how the car was used before you purchased it?

Does Autozone sell the actual Toyota Type IV fluid, or is the fluid at Autozone fluid an equivalent from another supplier? Did you happen to notice if they had the newer WS Toyota Fluid in stock?

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Black at 66000, did you do all the driving because it has been run to hot and hard, consider a trans temp gauge and cooler. Does it have a drain plug, if so drain some out about every 10000, and on your next oil change since not all of it was removed, but black at milage is wrong. Heat and hard driving kills transmissions. Is your antifreeze no more than 50% antifreeze,,Redline Water Wetter makes the cooling system run about 10f cooler.

Reply to
ransley