95 Dome light & antenna

Can anyone tell me how to replace the dome light in a 95 Camry. I can't see how to get it apart! Prying the entire assembly out of the ceiling doesn't feel right.

And, what's the trick for removing the antenna mast. I heard it was something like holding in the AM/FM button when the radio is turned on. But that doesn't work.

Reply to
William W. Plummer

I have a 94 but suspect it is similar. Unfortunately the only way I was able to do it was to pry the clear plastic away from the housing. A small straight screwdriver should do the trick. You will probably leave a dent in the plastic but at least it will be easy to get it open next time.

If your antenna mast is on the rear quarter panel like mine then you have to remove the carpeted trim in the trunk where the antenna is. Then you disconnect the antenna cable and if I remember right the nut that holds it in is the one on the outside. A pair of visegrips with a towel to protect the chrome should do the trick.

Reply to
badgolferman

Thanks for the advice. Is there a proceedure to force the antenna mechanism to expell the mast? I seem to recall something about holding in the AM-FM button while turning on the radio power.

Reply to
William W. Plummer