96 Camry stereo installation question

A few years ago, my cd player went out on my Camry. After 6 months of listening to crappy cassettes, I finally had a professional install a nice Mp3 player.

All was good until the following summer when some jerkoff smashed my car window and ripped out the stereo while I was sleeping. I still had the old factory cassette player and I was able to easily snap the danging hook in cable to the slot in the back of the player.

But I am so sick of listening to old cassettes. I really want a cd player, but I don't want the hassle of having waiting around for someone to install it. Plus, I will be selling the car soon.

I know nothing about car stereo installation. Do all stereos have the same plug in the back? I am hoping that the only hard part is putting in the mounting kit which I can do without. I want to go buy a cheapo cd stereo and just plug it in. Is this possible?

Reply to
alvinstraight38

Check out crutchfield.com. I've been buying stuff from there for years. Call them, and one of their advisors will walk you through what fits, what doesn't, and when you buy a stereo they'll also send you printed instructions for your car.

Reply to
qslim