airbag signal light

I just notice a weird thing this morning when driving my 04 camry. It was cold and dark outside, and I suddenly notice there is a very faint red from the airbag signal on the dashboard. I stopped at a gas station to check and it was not visible under the bright light. I restarted the car, the light came on and went out after 6 seconds as usual. But I found that it was gone after driving on highway. In the daytime, I restarted the car again and did not see such thing happened. Now I wonder if this could be a fuse issue due to cold weather or just some sort of light reflection issue.

Reply to
jiadeshi

=============== I vote for light reflection issue. If the dash light comes on with the ignition key and goes out in a few seconds, you should be fine - that is normal operation. If you continue to notice unusual behaviour from the air bag light, have it checked.

Reply to
Daniel

The airbag light does come on from time to time, like the gas cap MIL. Low cost parts I guess.

The 07 side air bags are recalled because of defects that cause them not to properly inflate.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
johngdole