Auxiliary DC Power in a 99 Camry

Hello,

I have installed a two-way radio in my Camry. I'd like to use the auxiliary power port just under the cigarette lighter. However, I can't determine exactly how many amps it is rated. Any ideas? My owner's manual is of no help.

Failing usage of the power port: What is the easiest way to get a couple of wires through the firewall to the battery?

AdvanceThanks,

Jeff

-- Jeff Koke, KK4SN Chesapeake VA If you think education is expensive, just wait until you see what ignorance costs!

NOTE: To reply directly, please remove the extra "." between my first and last name.

Reply to
Jeff Koke

73 Kevin, from another HAM. Its on its own 15A circuit. Should work fine.
Reply to
MDT Tech®

Kevin,

Are you saying that the aux power port is rated at 15A? That would be great.

Now all I have to do is find a cigarette lighter plug that'll work. I have one that has a fuse inside it, but the fuse is 2A.

We're recovering from Isabel. Hope you weren't affected.

73, Jeff
Reply to
Jeff Koke