Sparkplug replacement in a '92 Camry 3.0L V6...

I was going to replace the sparkplugs in my daughter's Camry until I looked at where the rear plugs were located on this engine. It doesn't appear that the plugs are easy to get to without removing lots of other equipment. It looks like the intake manifold is in the way of access to the plugs.

On my other vehicles, I've always had enough access to hand thread the plugs in to make sure I don't cross-thread them before tightening. On this engine, it doesn't seem easy to do.

Has anyone experience in doing this job and have any helpful suggestions.?

Regards

Reply to
TheKidd

Many people have reached the conclusion that it is better to let the dealer do the plugs on the V6, especially since plugs last 60K miles theses days. Some experienced folks with the right extensions have done it (in an hour or two), but for the average person I think the risk outweighs the cost of having the dealer do it.

Reply to
Mark A

Did it once on the wife's '93 V6. You need the right combo of extensions and universals but it can be done. As far as starting the plugs, I slipped a length of gas line hose over the pocelain and turned the hose with one hand while guiding the plug into position with the other. Just a matter of luck and finessing it until you feel the threads start to catch.

Reply to
D F Bonnett