Camry 95 - spare wheel screw rusted

Hi all,

Have a '95 Camry. Haven't removed the spare wheel in a long time. Noticed that the "screw" in the trunk is apparently rusted and refused to "unscrew". Is there any solution to this? Have tried brute force, but doesn't seem to work.

Thanks, MD.

Reply to
md

I've found WD40 and similiar products work well with rusted in bolts (except for severely rusted, on the coast and the like)..but there is not a lot of space there,..but the thin tube that clips into the spray-can nozzle may help there.

Leave it overnight if possible before trying. Screw the bolt back and forth with a bias towards anti-clockwise.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Daniel

Genereal Motors markets a Pentrating Oil that is excellent. I sprayed some on the rusted radator mounting bolts and the Mac. strut bolts on my '95 Tercel, and in 2 days they looked new!

Reply to
hachiroku

Liquid Wrench. Turpentine also works good.

Ken Day

Reply to
Ken Day