Cheapo Solution for Hole in Front Pipe??

I've got a '99 Camry with 146 k miles. When there's a hole in the front pipe, sounds like some people just weld a new flex plate/pipe as a cheap fix. My local Midas said he wouldn't recommend it, as it will likely damage the catalytic converter.

I"d say I'd like to keep the car for another 30 to 40 thousand miles--any opinions on the cheapest way to go?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Reply to
Jon

Are you talking about the exhaust pipe between the manifold and cat? if so, go for it. a little welding isnt going to hurt the cat.

Reply to
ShoeSalesman

Reply to
Wolfgang