Check Engine light on - VSV problem

I took my car to dealer and was told it was a VSV (valve assy. vacuu) problem. I don't know what VSV does for engine. BTW, I was charged 250 for a new VSV part, diagnosis and labour. Is that overcharged?

Reply to
kk

The part alone is about $137.00

Reply to
hachiroku

250 for a

That price is ok. My VSV was also messed up last yr with an oxygen sensor and I paid a total of $750.

Reply to
debo_nair

Wow!!! The last time I replaced it, it was only $35 at the dealer. That was a few years ago though.

Reply to
Viperkiller

I'll have to check. There are a few of them in the car; the one I need for my Supra is called a BVSV and runs $137....

Reply to
hachiroku

Where is the VSV located in my 2000 Camry LE? Does anyone know it?

Reply to
kk

...and you have the 1987 model right? I had to replace the one on my

92 Turbo also. I'll check my local dealer.
Reply to
Viperkiller

Well, 88, but close enough to call it. Pretty basically the same right through to '93

Reply to
hachiroku