How do I remove the dome light cover in Camry'96?

I searched through the archive and I know that this question had been asked many times in the past, but I haven't seen any real answer... I want to know how I can do it without damaging neither the plastic frame not the lens? I tried inserting a small screwdriver into the slot and pushing/prying, but I can see how it immediately damages the plastic frame...

Thanks, /Mikhail

Reply to
MM

Insert it in the slot where the switch goes...

Reply to
Hachiroku

You probably can't. Sorry. Just find the best-fitting slotted screwdriver you can, use as much lateral force on it as you can (use less leverage, which will damange the plastic frame), and pop it off.

Over time it is not as horribly difficult to get off, but still hard.

Reply to
Russell

And be careful not to short it out and blow the fuse, which is conveniently located - in our '95, anyway - in the engine compartment.

Reply to
mj