My 93 camry wouldn't start

Hello all, Today, my 93 camry just refused to start. When I insert the key, it turn only once to unlock the steering and after that, it doesn't turn anymore. I called a car electrician to look at and he said the key has worn out. Could this be true? Thanks

Reply to
xfactorx

Do you have a spare key you could try? and does the existing key LOOK worn?

Reply to
mack

Do you have several pounds of keys on the key ring? That will wear the lock cylinder out after 13 years for sure.

Reply to
Wolfgang

NOrmally the lock cylinder wears out first, not the key. Does the key still work in the doors.

Just for the heck of it, go to a locksmith shop and tell them what is happening and ask them to copy your key (if it's the only one you have). It'll be $4 or so, but if it works.

Also, ask them if it doesn't work, what they might suggest.

I pulled the ignition cylinder out of a Datsun long ago and took it into the locksmith for repair. I think it was $15....of course that was

1980-something.
Reply to
timbirr

xfactorx wrote: the key has