noises

I have a 92 camry.. Whenever I go over a bump I hear knocking noises from the rear of the car (its sounds like its coming from the back, drivers side) Any ideas?

Thanks! Neil

Reply to
Nilay Gandhi

Worn swaybar bushings is a standard problem in Camries. It's not safety-related but it sure is annoying. The dealer wants $130 and a local garage said $110. Only two bolts need to be undone to install the new bushings. I believe they sell for $25 in the after market.

Reply to
William W. Plummer

First check for anything loose in the trunk. Next check the rear anti sway bar bushings. The sway bar is apx. 1/2" in diameter, attaches near the bottom of the struts and connects both sides. There are rubber (neoprene?) bushings that can harden with age. Very easy to replace, just remove the two bolts holding each bushing "cover" in place. Third, could be upper strut mount, or strut, but check the other items first.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus