Re DRIVE BELTS.

I have just had both Alternator/Ac and Power Steering changed today. on my 1995 CAMRY. They have been on 9.5 years from new and 73.000 miles.

Comment from mechanic on belts taken off.

Was don't throw them away they good for long way yet. But my mind is easier.

Toyota wanted £98 ...$186 and 1.5 hours . To change belts after they were purchased.

Local very clean looking garage with a Merc Master Tech in it. Charged £26...$49 and took 0.5 hours. I supplied Toyota belts.

Quite a difference.

Johnny UK.

Reply to
JM

I keep the old belts in my trunk, just in case. If I'm stuck on the side of the road with a broken belt, the old one should get me to a garage.

Reply to
Hopkins