Revitalized Malibu Takes on Accord and Camry

Really bad bait. That bait has long passed its expiration date. Not to mention that it's been used so many times, all the game fish are wise to it.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Peace be with you!

Reply to
Sharx35

Red Herring def. When used by an asshole, it means that the OP has scored a debating point.

Reply to
Sharx35

Have a better day!

Reply to
Sharx35

GM should have been fed to the sharks.

Reply to
Sharx35

Have a great day!

Reply to
Sharx35

Ahhhh, I see you reveal yourself for what you are... Uneducated, intolerant and just a general doofus!

Congratulations!

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Well, we're talkin' 25 to 26 years of age here. And, the great thing is that they are "old school," I.E., no computer, no "check engine" light and even lack a PCV valve. Just right for an old fart like me to maintain and repair which really doesn't happen very often.

Sometimes the latest and greatest ain't really so...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Still lots of late 1980's to early 1990's Accords and Camrys on the road, still fetching 2-4K on the used market. You have to chuckle when you see the ads from Ford and GM trying to compare initial purchase prices of new vehicles, i.e. the Malibu, since they are forced to leave longevity out of the equation. It's not just having to purchase 2x the number of vehicles for the same time period, it's the resale value if you do choose to sell after only 8-10 years.

Reply to
SMS

You're onto something here.

I often have people refer to my old, (1955 & 1956), Studebakers as "Classics" which is just not so.

In fact, the Classic era covers the period from about 1927 to about 1948 and only unique cars (styling and engineering) are considered "full classics." This is high brow shit and when I bought a 1931 Studebaker President Q4 coupe about ten years ago I started to practice holdin' up my end pinkies when sippin' high tea.

There's nuthin' like invoking the term "full classic" to start all kinds of flame wars. Some folks just like denying the truth even though is has snob appeal.

Needless to say, I never got around to restoring the car and sold it about three years ago. Now, I'm content with playin' around with the two "modern" Studebakers and a small flock of Gen II Honda Civics...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Fear not as by doing so, you have defeated the thinking of them thar' PHd economists who calculate how often fools trade in their current ride only to become a slave to the finance company.

Not many people have their priorities straight these days...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Suck dick, cumwad. I don't go to a Toyota newsgroup to read about ricer junk aka Honda products.

Reply to
Sharx35

You ARE an old fart?? Could a fooled me. Figured as much because of your grumpiness!! ROFL.

Reply to
Sharx35

What you say makes sense--too made some are too dense to understand your comments.

Reply to
Sharx35

But that is what I have been saying in many of my posts!! And you complained to me.

Reply to
Sharx35

You do realize that he's probably posting from r.a.m.honda, yes? Or are you really that refreshingly clue-free?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Actually I think that most people do understand the whole longevity versus initial purchase price issue, but they either don't care about that aspect of ownership, or they don't want to admit that their long-held beliefs have been debunked.

Reply to
SMS

or they don't believe that *any* car will last significantly longer than the warranty... I used to believe it was true but even brands I used to know and trust (VW, BMW, etc.) have "turned Japanese" and over-contented their vehicles to the point that they're all one big unrepairable mass of electronics.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

You still can't polish a turd.

Reply to
80 Knight

Oh look - I have a leg humper. Down boy - down.

Reply to
Mike Marlow