Stupid Car Alarm

I have a 1991 Camry. When I bought it used in 1996 I was foolish enough to pay the Toyota dealer to install Lojack and an alarm. Now it is a pain in the neck. Everytime the car battery gets low it screws the alarm up and messes me all up. I want to disconnect it. Does any one know how I might do this? PS I would still like the car to start after I disconnect the alarm. It has an ignition cutoff as well.

Reply to
Ribbet4

your battery shouldnt go low, why is it discharging

Reply to
mark Ransley

Reply to
Ribbet4

A: the battery should not get low. B: go buy a new battery C: have the alternator checked.

Reply to
Im Right

Check amp draw of the car when off to see if you have a short.

Reply to
mark Ransley

Reply to
Ribbet4

You'll probably need to go back to the dealer to correctly uninstall and disable the features you no longer want. Incorrectly disturbing the alarm wiring can create other difficult to solve problems.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

If it is a true OEM Fujitsu 10 VIP RS3200 alarm then get the install instruction fron their FAX back web site and reverse the install steps. OEM Toyota alarms just plug in with usually no wire cutting. Yuu need instruction # 60211 (2 wire) or 60212 (1 wire) and fax back # is 310 327-9905.

Reply to
Wolfgang

There are 2 ways: 1. diconnect it by removing any foreign wiring and fix any faults that arise from doing that or 2. take it to Toyota and get them to do it as after-all they should have the circuit.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James