Windshield glass replacement

I read that Toyota glass filters out the UV rays of sunlight and as I need to have my windshield glass replaced should I be concerned what brand I get? I want the replacement glass to be equivalent to the original factory glass. (2001 Camry V6, 25K miles, Mobil One oil)

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
George

Vassa

Reply to
Richard Bailey

I should have quoted how Toyota describes the glass. "High Solar Energy Absorbing (HSEA) Glass."

I just want to make sure my replacement glass is this HSEA type.

Reply to
George

My windshield was pitted in a freak happening. I was driving on the freeway and ahead of me on my left was a SUV with a partial broken out right side window. A big piece of his window glass fell off and bounced on the pavement shattering in a thousand pieces showering me. It was like being in a snowstorm for a few seconds. I didn't see the dozens of pits in my windshield until later when the sun was setting. I had already 3 chips damage so this just finished it off.

Toyota brand for $240 seems like a good price. Toyota says it is "High Solar Energy Absorb> I had mine replaced last year on my 99 camry..it was Toyota brand at the

Reply to
George

"The Toyota official said the auto glass is manufactured by LibbeyOwens Ford Co. in the United States. But Libby is a related companyof Nippon Sheet Glass."

Reply to
Philip®