Latest threads in Toyota Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

4Runner False Alarms
My son's '00 4Runner with the factory installed remote keyless entry and alarm (per TSB EL008-02 description of key FOB) is giving false alarms. The alarm goes off and no one is around the truck. This...

Clutch replacement on a '98 Tacoma 4WD
I hope this is the correct group to ask this question. I have a '98 Tacoma, and I've noticed some squealing noises coming from under the truck, and occasionally the gear slips while accelerating. I'm...
2
2

'02 Highlander Rear Brakes
Hi there, I'm getting ready to replace the pads & rotors on my '02 Highlander 4WD 4-cyl, and have some questions that maybe someone could help with. 1. The hub and rotor looks like it's all 1 piece....
1
1

squeaky leaf springs
'93 5WDec pickup with some very squeaky leaf springs...can I do anything to stop the squeak other than replace them? Thanks for the help!

2003 upper rear brake light
The passenger bulb was out above the rear window, so I purchased a new one. Next thing I know the bulb socket has slipped inside the plastic part that holds it in place and I can't get it out of...

How do I raise the seats on a 2006 Tacoma?
I am considering buying a 2006 Tacoma. It would be the ideal vehicle if the seats were not a bit too low. Is there a save way of raising the seats without voiding the factory warranty? Any help is...
5
5

High stop light replacement on '96 T100??
How do I replace bulbs on subject light? I removed the red lens but while attempting to remove the bulb I pushed the bulb and socket through to the back side of the plastic backing plate. I don't see...

2006 Toyota Tacoma Oil Pan Location
I've been changing my own oil on cars for years. This is the first truck I've owned. Can someone tell me where the oil pan is on the 2006 Tacoma so that I can drain the oil. I've searched the web and...
21
21

squeaky leaf springs
Hi gang...the leafsprings on my '93 4WD ec pickup recently started to squeak real bad. Is there anything I can do short of replacing them? Thanks!
5
5

Timing belt on T100 V6?
I am getting conflicting stories about the timing belt on my 1996 T100 , SR5 with V6 Auto. 1) If the belt snaps it will result in major damage to the engine but the manual that I have states "Toyota...
3
3

4 Runner 2000 6 cylinder Trouble Code P0171
Hello Everyone, I have a question for you guys. First of all I hope I'm in the correct forum.... My brother's 4-Runner recently did not pass smog due to a P0171 (Too Lean - Bank 1) code, according to...
1
1

Second Problem, JBL Sound System
Anyone got a 05 or 06 Tacoma with the JBL system and the Sub Woofer? My sub woofer sounds bad and only blurts out weird bass noises.
1
1

3rd member and axle question
Hi Guys, I havea question about the third member. Recently had my truck checked at a reliable and trustworthy mechanic and which inspecting the drivetrain for noise (it is whirring when accelerating)...
1
1

2005 Tacoma Noise
I have a 2005 D cab Tacoma with 11,000 miles on it. The truck has had a noise when I first take off since it was new. It is a kind of Whoop. This happens every time the truck sets for a minute and I...
6
6

98 Tacoma starting question
Hey All, and thanks for reading this post. Put a brand new battery in my 98 V-6 Tacoma with 140k today. Went to store, came out and truck would not turn over(never happened before). Lights were...
4
4