1987 LandCruiser Clutch Stuck?

Cruiser was sitting for a while, got it running well now.

Clutch pedal seems to have little to no play (seems right) good pressure when I press on it. However, the clutch won't let go.

Trying to start the car in-gear with clutch pressed, car jumps forward.

With car running, push in clutch, wont go in to any gear. Car not running, goes in to any gear.

Adjusted at the pedal to push further in, still won't let go. Does not look to have an adjustment on the clutch slave.???

This is driving me batshit, can't even pull the damn thing into my garage. Again, pedal "feels" right, good pressure, clutch just won't let go. Any ideas? Help? Suggestions?

Reply to
iNet

Have a look at the slave cylinder down on the tranny bellhousing. See if it is moving in and out and if it is pushing the release fork. Usually you can pop out the rubber boot around the fork and see if it is still in place inside.

Reply to
Roger Brown

Slave goes in and out fully - I am at a total loss

Reply to
iNet

And what about the release fork? Is it moving as well? I suppose you could have a situation where the clutch disc rusted to the flywheel. I've had that happen with rear brake shoes rusting to the brake drum.

Reply to
Roger Brown

Same thought I had - Fork is moving. I would think that trying to start it with the clutch push ed, in gear, would break it loose. I'm pulling my hair out.

Reply to
iNet

For future info to others - Pushed clutch in, put in first, ran cruiser into garage wall, clutch came free.

Reply to
iNet

Good to know. When my brake drums were rusted (FWD vehicle, rear brakes), they would not break free by driving, the one tire just skidded along the road. Had to break the shoes free and pull the drum to get it freed up.

Reply to
Roger Brown