Tire size

Having a hard time finding load rated D or E tires for my 2000 Tundra V8

4x4. Goodrich has one (load range D) in 265 70 16s for about a ton of money. There are, however, ample tires (for much less money) in 265 75 16s. Has anyone had problems with this slightly bigger tire?

Thanks

Reply to
Rob D

I found 47 of the 265/70-16's at

, however their load ratings were mostly numeric and ranged from 70 to 110. I don't know how that compares to the D or E ratings you refer to. The BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO at $155 each have a D rating versus a Michelin Pilot LTX at $162 with a load rating of 111. The cheapest were Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's, Kumho Venture AT 825's and Dunlop Grandtrek AT21 at $75, $79 and $81 respectively (with different load ratings). Guess this isn't much help - sorry.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

I relate Load Index and Load Range on my Tire info. web page:

A Load Index of 111 would equate to a Load Range D tire (actually a little bit higher).

-- Roger

Reply to
Roger Brown