2003 Fourrunner 6cyl Problems

Consumer reports rates the 2003 Four Runner 6cyl very bad on reliability. Anyone know why?

Please E-mail

Thanks Stephen snipped-for-privacy@wowway.com

Reply to
Stephen

I too was surprised. I have one with only 8k miles and have had NO problems and pleased with decent all around mileage(18 MPG on regular gas) . The all alloy engine is new starting that year. Conversely, the V8 version was highly rated --- that engine was previously used in the Lexus line. Seems like they just decided the first year might be risky as in other vehicles. You'd think they would provide some specifics. I do have a ticking noise that sounds like exhaust leak but it is from the tubular headers (assume used to reduce weight and increase performance --- over cast iron ones) - you don't hear it al all with the drivers window rolled up. Great car would buy again. I hear the '05 6 cylinder will have a 5 spd automatic. Still wondering how they manage to get 3 rows of seats in the vehicle -- seems smaller inside than the '90 4 Rnr it replaces for me.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang