'85 4x4 Toyota Pickup Pulls to the Left When Braking?

I have an '85 Toyota 4x4 truck with a 22r engine and a 5 speed trans. Recently its been pulling to the left when i brake. I had a problem with the wheel bearing and inner axle seal on the left side and i fixed that hoping it would somehow solve my braking problem. It didn't and now i cant figure out what is going on. The truck pulls more when i slam on the brakes and not as much if i brake gradually. Does any one know what could be causing this?

Thanks, Anders

P.S. Thanks Roger, I spent 5 hours tearing down my front axle and found a bad inner axle seal which was causing gear oil to leak into the hub and flush the grease from the wheel bearing.

Reply to
Anders

Sounds like your right front brake has a problem... possibly needs a new brake line on the passenger side? Is your truck lifted? Sometimes, the lift can stretch the line and the brake doesn't work properly.

In other cases, I've heard of the guy at the tire place clamping the flexible line with a vise-grip to keep it from dripping whilst he removed the caliper on a friend's 'runner... crushed the inside of the line ... my friend didn't believe me until he tried to stop on an icy patch and that wheel was the only one on dry pavement..

Reply to
Celica Dude