94 4Runner Jumping out of gear

I have a 94 4Runner 3VZE 5 speed that is starting to jump out of gear in first and third.

150k. Any thoughts?
Reply to
David N Emmet

If there is a lot of play in the shifter, this may help:

Roger Brown

Had mine do that around 150k. Took it to AAMCO. They said they fixed it, but it still jumped out now and then. I needed my truck so I lived with it. 10k more miles, and it's got towed home on a flatbed. Stupid AAMCO didn't do squat. I had it rebuilt at a good tranny shop and not had a problem. I have 150k more miles on it too.

Fix it now before you have to call AAA. That's my thought.

Reply to
Eddie